Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Meet Mrs. Cahill (A.K.A. The Hungry Teacher)

Hi. My name is Martina Cahill and this is my first blog. I'm so excited to join the blogging world!

I just finished my student teaching at a wonderful school in Grand Junction, Colorado under the best mentor teacher in the whole world.... which is exactly the reason I started my blog. My mentor teacher has the cutest blog ever @http://appleslices4th.blogspot.com and I basically want to be just like her :).

I have learned so much from her and my experiences in 5th grade and I am so excited to share those experiences with you.

Anyways, a little about me...

I am originally from the beautiful mountain town of Salida, Colorado and I went to college in Pueblo, Colorado at Colorado State University-Pueblo to get my degree in Elementary Education. Go T-Wolves!

I married my best friend, Richie, in Las Vegas last summer. We got married at the wedding chapel in Caesar's Palace with all our closest family and friends there. It was wonderful! I can't believe we have been married almost 9 months now! Aahhhh time flies when you're having fun.



I have three younger siblings, who are the coolest people I know. We have so much fun together, especially now that we don't live together :).

       Mackenzie, Nico, Me, and Mariah

                                           

Rich and I just moved to Grand Junction about a year ago and I am loving it. It helps that I have the best job in the world working with my mentor teacher. After I was done student teaching last semester I was given the amazing opportunity to continue working in her classroom and, here's the kicker, get paid to do it! Crazy.... I know :). I am so lucky. We have been able to create an amazing differentiated classroom because she has been awesome at making me feel like I have been her co-teacher all year long. Our 5th graders are sooooo spoiled.

That's a little about me and I can't wait to start sharing my 5th grade experiences with you.

Our students are working on science projects that integrate what they have been learning in art. They have some great ideas and I'm so excited to share the final result with you. It will be coming soon so come back and check it out.

~Martina


0 comments:

Post a Comment