Hi teacher and/or cooking friends,
I got this delicious cod recipe from a Cooking Light recipe. It tasted as beautiful as it looked.
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko
- 4 (6-ounce) cod filets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup of sliced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place egg whites in a dish; place panko in another dish
- Dip the fish into the egg whites; sprinkle the fish with salt, and then dredge in panko
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add fish to pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned or very crispy.
- Then place fish in the oven.
- Bake fish for 7 minutes at 450 degrees
- Serve with the tomato-basil relish
Note: I made mine with roasted asparagus that I just coated with olive oil and salt and pepper. I baked it in the oven while I was preparing and cooking the fish.