Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tower Topple Team Building

Tower Topple Team Building!

Now that's a bit of a tongue twister! So what is it?

Ok, so I have neglected my blog for weeks now, but I am cutting myself some slack because I am a first year teacher :). Understandable right?

On that same note, we did this activity during the first week of school (which was....oh, I don't know.... 4 weeks ago ha) but it was such as success that I wanted to share it with you.

My kids were put into groups of two and they were given 2 large pieces of construction paper, 1 medium piece of construction paper, 10 strips of a construction paper, and tape. (Hint: teachers this is a great time to use all those "extra" scraps of paper that pile up in the work room or classroom that you always say you are going to use, but never do :).

Then students had to create the tallest tower that would hold a staple remover at the end of the team building activity. I was so impressed by the results. I thought one or two groups would have some moderately strong towers, but I have some great future engineers in my classroom. Here are some pictures of the towers.























I know that was A LOT of pictures, but I just loved it. The kids loved it too. They did a great job, it was a great team and community builder, and the results were amazing!

I have this activity in my back to school pack in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Click on the picture below to check it out!


Have a good weekend friends!

Muah!

-Martina

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Go to my blog and check it out and then make sure you accept :)

    XO!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too good to me! Thank you so much. I looked at your blog and I will get on top of this nomination soon. I have been meaning to nominate you for months now but this whole teaching thing is no cake walk.

    I know you are super busy with packing because you are kind of moving across the country tomorrow, but I hope we can talk soon. Good luck and soak up every little thing in Spain!

    Muah

    -Me

    ReplyDelete