Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

December Currently (A Little Late...)

 
I'm a little late, but better late than never :)


Listening... to Food Network.

My husband has been traveling a lot for work lately (waaahhh), but that also means I get to watch whatever I want whenever I want. I love Giada!

Loving... Teaching poetry.

I was never a huge fan of poetry growing up, but my mentor teacher loved it and passed down that love to me. My 5th graders are loving it too! We are using a poetry unit from Mrs. Renz class. It's wonderful... Go check it out by clicking here.

Thinking... About the last two weeks before break.

I'm thinking about these last two weeks, not because I want break to be here, but because I can't wait to do all the great stuff I have planned.... poetry, fraction cookie recipes for parents gifts (check it out by clicking here), books for my students... so excited!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Frosty-Fractions-Gift-from-Students-to-Families-Equivalent-Fractions-1004521

Wanting... To live at Barnes and Noble

Enough said. :)

Needing... To get some (ok, all) Christmas presents.

Again, enough said. I REALLY need to but presents for everyone on my list.

Favorite Traditions... All day Christmas

I have a HUGE Italian family and we spend all day of Christmas together. We eat breakfast, open presents from my aunts, uncles and cousins, then hang out for the afternoon, then eat dinner, and open presents from my grandparents, have an auction with quarters, get quarter fairy bread (my Nane goes all out).... it just never ends and it's so much fun.

Muah,

Mrs. Cahill

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! It would be pure bliss to live at Barnes and Noble!

    -Rachel
    A Little Bird in Third

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand wanting break to be here...but then again, this is such a fun time to do so many different things with our kids! I'm not feeling quite so stressed yet this year...I'm thinking that I am maybe 3/4 done my shopping at this point! Anyway, have a great December, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Martina. I was reading your blog and saw that you mentioned my poetry unit! How nice is that?! I just wanted to drop in and say hi and that I'm glad you love poetry now!
    ~Heather
    Mrs. Renz’ Class

    ReplyDelete