Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Five For Friday!



Hi friends,

I have never done the Five for Friday Linky, but I have been wanting to for forever and there's no time like the present… and I feel like I just opened the biggest present ever…. and that's 1.

My new blog design! EEEEKKKKKK. I have been waiting ALL summer for Kassie over at Designs by Kassie to design my blog and nothing has ever been more worth the wait. I'm in love and there are some surprises in store to celebrate the new design! Come back soon.



Weather. We have been doing our weather unit in fifth grade these last three weeks and I never thought I would have this much fun with weather. We have made wind vanes, anemometers, barometers, rain gauges, and cloud viewers so far. I have a fun project in the works too! 




 
Green chiles. My husband and I grew up in central Colorado and went to college just 90 miles away in Pueblo, Colorado. Green chiles were abundant in the San Luis Valley we lived near, and Pueblo has their very own Pueblo Green Chiles. We now live in Western Colorado (pretty much Utah) and these have become our number one missed food. Nothing compares to Pueblo chills and we buy them in bushels when we make it to the other side of the mountains.



Narrative Writing. I simply can't explain how amazing Kelly Anne's Narrative Writing Unit is. It will change your life. Trust me. 



September 11th. Dealing with the memories of this day isn't always easy, but hearing the conversations and seeing the products of this day may have been one of my favorite days of teaching ever. 


What a fun linky. I hope to see you all again next week! 

Muah!

Mrs. Cahill 

2 comments:

  1. I came over to say thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment - now I need to say that your new blog theme is amazing! Love it!

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey neighbor! Being from NM I know how you feel about the green chile. I love the smell of them roasting at the farmer's market! BTW I really like your blog design and I've been hankering to update mine but I just can't make a decision about what I want.
    On the Go Teacher Mama

    ReplyDelete