Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

May Currently


Listening: It is so stinkin' hot in Grand Junction at this time of year. Sometimes I honestly don't feel like I can even call myself a Colorado girl anymore, because Grand Junctions is like a whole different planet with how hot it is. 

Loving: I went to two of those painting and drinking classes this week. I went to date night with my husband and a teaching one with my two favorite teaching friends. I'm addicted. #sorrynotsorry





Thinking: I honestly always forget how crazy the end of the year is, even though everyone talks about it nonstop. We have so much to do. Testing, Celebration of Learning, Art Show, Music Programs, Movie Night, Water Festival, Pool Day, Field Day… well there goes May…

Wanting: We have been reading Harry Potter for our reading unit right now, and I just become so enamored in the whole thing. Every time I read or watch Harry Potter, I can't help but to just want to be  Hermione. 


Needing: I seriously feel like I always needs to tennis shoes… probably because I wait until they are completely destroyed…



Summer: I'm going to Vegas twice (for sure) this year, but maybe more. It might be my favorite thing about living in Grand Junction…. it's only about a 6-7 hour drive or 45 minute flight. Even better I will be reunited with my BFF Kelly Anne (appleslices) at the TPT conference, and I can finally stop staring at my new business cards obsessively…. hopefully. 




I went to Seattle last summer and really want to go again. 

I usually do summer school, but we are in the process of building a new school, so we won't have a building this summer. I will officially have my whole summer free and I hope that I can find the motivation to work on my TeachersPayTeachers list nonstop. Fingers crossed. 

Now I'm headed over to see what you all are currently doing :).

Muah! 

Martina 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, your business cards are adorable! The paintings you made are fun too. I would just drink wine lol I am not artistic at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it's so easy! I swear. I can't paint either, but the instructors always make you into an artist for the night! :)

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to do one of those wine/painting things! I love the idea of getting some teachers together to do one, but I don't think we have a place in my area. I am shamelessly jealous of your double-Vegas summer. I wanted to go to the I Teach First conference so bad but it's not in the cards (bank account)!

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wine/painting nights! {oh how I miss wine!} Both of your paintings turned out super adorable! Have fun in Vegas!! I am super jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously obsessed with painting. It's all I want to do now. And thank you!

      Delete
  4. L♥ve your paintings! I have been wanting to try that myself. Love your blog and your business cards! I am your newest follower.

    Teresa
    Confessions of a Teaching Junkie
    Contributor at Hello Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete